- Tip Off: 6:30 PM PT
- Television: TNT, SNET1 (Canada)
San Antonio Spurs Team Profile
- Offensive Efficiency: 111.0 (1st in NBA playoffs)
- Defensive Efficiency: 90.6 (1st in NBA playoffs)
Scope the Opposition: 48 Minutes of Hell.
Preview: The San Antonio Spurs will host the Golden State Warriors tonight (note the early tip off time) in Game 1 of the Western Conference Semifinals.
The Spurs have been waiting for their second round opponent for quite some time by virtue of handling their business and sweeping the Los Angeles Lakers in the opening round of the postseason.
Many have varying opinions on how this current series might play out, and the Warriors World staff is no exception. Here is how our predictions shake out:
- Rasheed Malek: Warriors in six.
- Ethan Sherwood Strauss: Spurs in five.
- Jack Winter: Spurs in five.
- Jesse Taylor: Spurs in seven.
- J.M. Poulard: Spurs in six.
There is an argument to be made this is the least compelling matchup of the postseason, but fans should nonetheless enjoy this series given the teams and players involved.
Both squads come into tonight’s head-to-head battle with a couple of interesting storylines. Granted they are flying under the radar in comparison to Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant’s postseason performances that seem to stand on opposite sides of the spectrum.
So, your links on these respective teams.
Golden State Warriors
- 2nd round preview: Over at the No-Look Pass, I share my thoughts on the Dubs’ playoff run as well as how they stack up against the Spurs.
- 5-on-5: Pressure, matchups, X-factors and winners are discussed in ESPN.com’s most recent installment of 5-on-5. Our own Jack Winter and Ethan Sherwood Strauss chimed in on this one.
- Better Without Lee: Ethan Sherwood Strauss over at TrueHoop essentially goes bizarro Biggie and says “less Lee, less problems”.
San Antonio Spurs
- Five things learned about the Spurs: Andrew A. McNeil of 48 Minutes of Hell shares his thoughts on how the Spurs have looked in the playoffs.
- Stopping Stephen Curry: The San Antonio Express’ front page courtesy of the Warrior Wire.
- Scouting Warriors-Spurs (Insider): Amin Elhassan and Bradford Doolittle of ESPN.com preview the series. They discuss small ball, Andrew Bogut vs. Tim Duncan and dealing with Stephen Curry.
Questions or comments? Feel free to leave them in the comments section or you can contact me by email at [email protected].