The Golden State Warriors are playoff bound. It’s been a trying season in the Bay, but they did it. The season is in some ways an accomplished one, but it’s far from over. Here are some links for around the web involving the Dubs:
- Rank’em: With the top players from #NBArank all getting announced, some media members over at ESPN.com gave their thoughts on the results. When pressed on the topic of whose rise made the most sense, many — our very own Jack Winter included — answered Stephen Curry.
- Is Stephen Curry a point guard? Matt Steinmetz of CSN Bay Area tackles the question and cites some evidence in his compelling argument.
- Victory catapults Dubs into playoffs. Rusty Simmons has the story.
- Playoff Realism. Tim Kawakami clarifies his stance on the Warriors’ postseason push and makes one thing clear: he’s not here to celebrate mediocrity. Our own Ethan Sherwood Strauss gave him something to think about though.
- Harrison Barnes’ fourth quarters. Warriors World’s Jack Winter looks at what Barnes’ minutes or lack thereof mean for both the team and the player. Trust is a funny thing to earn.
- Stephen Curry MVP candidate (Insider)?!? ESPN.com’s Tom Haberstroh looks at the most viable candidates and Steph makes the cut. Kinda.
- Locker room love. David Lee was kind enough to post a photo of the team in the locker room on Instagram after earning a playoff berth.
— David Lee (@Dlee042) 10 avril 2013
Things get crowded at bottom of Western Conference standings
- Injury updates. Dave McMenamin provides updates on the injuries of Steve Nash and Jordan Hill.
- Lakers back in 8th spot. Darius Soriano of Forum Blue and Gold outlines how the Los Angeles Lakers defeated the New Orleans Hornets last night.
- Jinxing the Jazz? Is it possible that Spencer Hall of Salt City Hoops doomed the Jazz by predicting they’d make the playoffs?
- Houston’s in. Rahat Huq of Red 94 outlines the team’s success vis-à-vis the actual preseason expectations. Also, he submits a few interesting points about the landscape of the NBA.