We here at WarriorsWorld are big Twitter users and as such, thoroughly enjoy following all of the Warriors’ players who talk about their daily escapades. So, you can imagine our shock when we realized that second-year guard Klay Thompson (@klaythompson) deleted his account from the Twitterverse.
Since I couldn’t reach Klay for comment, I decided instead to come up with some possible reasons for making this decision.
1) A follower on Twitter pointed out that his girlfriend has also deleted her account. Perhaps she told him to do the same. You know what they say: “A happy wife, is a happy life.”
2) Twitter was distracting him from growing that goatee he has going on.
3) He was informed that the reason he didn’t get picked for the Rookie-Sophomore game was because he didn’t punctuate his handle properly.
4) His dog didn’t like the attention that was being stolen from him and deleted it. Yes, I realize it’s difficult/impossible for a dog to figure out how to do that, but being a dog owner myself, those beasts will get attention by any means necessary.
5) He was swamped by his Instagram responsibilities (While writing this, he decided to delete his Instagram as well).
6) Secretly, he’s very close to Biedrins and Biedrins didn’t want to be the only guy on the team not on Twitter and therefore begged him to get rid of his account.
7) He tweeted that the Warriors were going to win the NBA championship and foresaw the ridicule approaching.
8) He is secretly developing his own social network and couldn’t be part of the enemy anymore.
9) A loved one got a job at Facebook and he wanted to show his support.
10) He wanted to see if anyone would notice that he had deleted his account and be stupid enough to write something about it.
Whatever the reason is for this turn of events, it is pretty random that a person would choose to delete their account without any type of warning. Usually, people send out a tweet dissing Twitter (“This is stupid!”) or say that they need to focus on something (“Gotta go work on my game!) which explains why they are leaving but Klay just disappeared faster than Batman in the middle of a sentence.
We’ll be sure to keep you updated if he decides to give his reasoning or if he reveals a timetable for his triumphant return.