Given the NBA lockout, we have not had our customary summer activities to keep us occupied: summer leagues, free agency, trades and of course rumors.
Oh how we miss the rumors. No longer are we talking about a potential Andre Iguodala and Monta Ellis swap; instead those talks have been replaced by revenue sharing, hard caps and a $300 million figure that keeps getting tossed around.
And thus, the Summer of NBA Legends was born. If there was ever a time to talk about some of the greatest teams, players or performances in NBA history, it was now.
Over the past few weeks, I have written about a few players, teams and games that added a little something to history of the league. Below you will find the list; feel free to recommend any additional links covering essentially other great NBA moments or legends.
- Championships Teams Not Created Equal: A look at the glaring differences between the 2008 Celtics and the 1991 Bulls.
- Detroit Pistons: Playing for Keeps
- Never to be Forgotten: The Dream Team
- Baron Davis: Remember When Baron…
- Chris Mullin: Starting at Guard…
- Chris Webber: Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda Stayed a Warrior
- Hakeem Olajuwon: The Dream That Never Allowed Rest
- Jerry Lucas: Starting at PF…
- Julius Erving: The Doctor’s Island
- Larry Bird: Simply One of a Kind
- LeBron James: Could Learn From Teen Wolf
- LeBron James and Wilt Chamberlain: Soldiers of the Same Struggle
- Pete Maravich: Remembering Pistol Pete
- Rick Barry: Say Hello to the Bad Guy
- Shaquille O’Neal: Truly a Legend
- Tim Hardaway: Starting at PG for the Warriors All Time Team…
- Wilt Chamberlain: Center of Attention
- Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem Abdul Jabbar: No One Likes to Root for Goliath
- Looking Back: Michael Jordan’s Flu Game
- Game 7 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals: Los Angeles Lakers Vs. Sacramento Kings
If you think a player or game absolutely should be on this list, feel free to drop us a line in the comments section or by email, and we’ll see what we can do to make it happen.